Monday, April 16, 2012

DIY Cardigans

Pinterest is probably one of my favorite discoveries for 2012 (aside from all things baby). It makes me feel all sorts of awesome and crafty, even though none of the ideas are actually my own. This one is from a tutorial I found HERE. Super duper easy! Every sweater in my closet should be scared for it's life, as I am now reexamining everything to determine if it is better as a sweater or a cardigan. Anyway, check out the link above and see if there is anything in your closet that could use a cheap but super cute makeover.

Sweater #1:
I have had this thing since high school (some of you may recognize it...). It is actually still in great condition, but has gotten way too short. So, some iron-on adhesive and a few minutes later...

Tada! Once it had become a cardigan, I decided that it would look better with shorter sleeves. Luckily, that was an easy fix as well. Just cut off the same length of sleeve on both sides, and used the iron-on adhesive. Worked like a charm!


Sweater #2:
This one is a tad newer, purchased just a couple of years ago. But the shoulders have always been a little too wide, so:


I like the first cardigan better, but this one is pretty cute too.

Have fun and THE END!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

oh!!!!! Please show me your ways! They are so cute!

Julie said...

I love the sleeves on the black one. What a great transformation.